Visit North Carolina works to capitalize on growing international travel by focusing its resources on top performing inbound markets of origin. With several overseas and Canadian direct flights daily, North Carolina attracts both corporate and leisure travelers. Visit North Carolina has had in-country international representation since 1990, and collaborates with local marketing partners in Canada, the UK, German speaking Europe, France, Italy, Benelux countries and China.
International visitors on average stay longer and spend more on their holidays — providing new tax dollars to every community they visit. The approach in each market is to influence the potential visitor, both with direct-to-consumer campaigns and via tour operators, travel agents and media.
- Increase awareness of North Carolina as an inspiring, desirable visitor destination.
- Drive and grow international traveler interest in North Carolina destinations for more frequent, higher spending, longer trips.
- Enhance engagement with travelers through digital and social channels.
|Positioning:||With vast, pristine beaches, relaxing mountains, vibrant cities, amazing culture and hundreds of fun-filled excursions, North Carolina is the state that inspires its visitors to see, experience, engage and connect more.|
|Personality:||Adventurous. Inviting. Moving.|
- Geographic focus in Canada, United Kingdom and German speaking Europe, as core drivers for international travel
- Secondary markets through shared representation with Travel South USA in Italy, France, Benelux and China
Many international travelers considering North Carolina are repeat visitors to the country, having traveled three or more times before to primary U.S. destinations like New York, California, Florida and Las Vegas. Now they’re seeking an authentic, “real America” experience that’s distinctive and lasting in the memories and feeling it creates.
Focus on markets with direct air service to the state as well as high overnight visitation numbers. Looking at both the empty nester and adventure seeking millennial audiences.