Call Center & Welcome Centers
The Visit North Carolina Call Center provides the following services:
- Distribution of Travel Guide, NCDOT maps and other traveler information is conducted in partnership with the NC Departments of Commerce and Transportation.
- Assistance to prospective travelers looking for information about North Carolina is provided via 1-800-VISIT-NC.
For more information on scheduling a visit to the Call Center to inform the staff and operators about your destination or attraction, please review this document from our partners at the North Carolina Department of Commerce.
Visit North Carolina partners with the Commerce and Transportation departments in support of North Carolina’s nine Welcome Centers. The Centers promote thousands of tourism-related businesses – attractions, accommodations, events and more – to visitors already in the state who are actively seeking travel information. Located on Interstate highways just inside the state line, each Welcome Center has a statewide focus, with an emphasis on information for visitors traveling a particular interstate corridor. Nationally certified travel counselors provide efficient, professional and personal customer service in consistently clean, pleasant and modern facilities.
North Carolina’s Welcome Centers can be found at:
- I-26 East: Mile Marker 68 (Columbus)
- I-26 West: Mile Marker 6 (Mars Hill)
- I-40 West: Mile Marker 10 (Waynesville)
- I-77 North: Mile Marker 105 (Dobson)
- I-77 South: Mile Marker 1 (Charlotte)
- I-85 North: Mile Marker 231 (Norlina)
- I-85 South: Mile Marker 2 (Kings Mountain)
- I-95 North: 1 I-95 Southbound Highway (Pleasant Hill)
- I-95 South: Mile Marker 5 (Rowland)
For more information on distributing your NC-related travel literature through all the Welcome Centers, please review this document from our partners at the North Carolina Department of Commerce.