As North Carolina, the nation and the world battle the effects of the novel coronavirus pandemic, the resources below can help Visit NC’s partners navigate business relief, communications, advocacy, research and other needs. Visit NC will update this page with new resources as needed.
Visit NC Webinars
This Visit NC webinar provides an update on the meetings industry with insights from Marlise Taylor, Director of Research for Visit NC; David Blansfield, EVP/Group Publisher, Northstar Travel Group; and Chris Davidson, EVP of Travel Intelligence, MMGY Global (originally streamed September 22, 2021).
Visit NC provides an overview on the status of the industry, consumer mindsets, current and planned marketing initiatives, co-op opportunities and information on new federal grant programs. This webinar is the first in a series of virtual Mid-Year Marketing Updates for NC tourism industry partners and allies (originally streamed August 11, 2021).
Watch: Outdoor NC
During this webinar, Visit NC provided an overview of all the assets available to partners and how they can get involved with Outdoor NC. Visit NC has partnered with the N.C. Outdoor Recreation Industry Office and Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics to create Outdoor NC, an initiative to ensure the state’s treasured outdoor resources continue to thrive for the 51 million people who visit these spaces annually (originally streamed February 17, 2021).
PowerPoint presentation deck is available for download here.
Count On Me NC
Help your community get back to business by getting the word out about Count On Me NC. Use the password provided by Visit NC to download logos, videos, social media assets and other materials from our toolkit to share with local businesses, residents and guests.
- North Carolina Business Relief Resources (via EDPNC)
- Solutions for N.C. Business & Employers (N.C. Dept. of Commerce)
- NC Rapid Recovery Loans
- SBA Loans
- SBA All Business Briefing
- Unemployment Insurance Changes Due to COVID-19
- Destinations International – Crisis Communications Plan Outline
- U.S. Travel Association – Media Talking Points
- U.S. Travel Association – Guide for Communicating Healthy Travel Practices
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Orders
Research and Trend Tracking
- ADARA COVID-19 Resource Center
- Longwoods International COVID-19 and Traveler Sentiment Study
- STR Coronavirus Hotel Industry Impact
- Tourism Economics COVID-19 Updated Outlook and Pandemic Impacts
- SPI COVID-19 Best Practice Analysis